ETC INC. Presents:
EQ1110 Equine Myofascial Release Techniques Level II
August 2012 Tuition: $995.00 USD Level II
DATE: August 13-15, 2012 Level II
COST: $995.00 USD Level II
TO REGISTER: Click here
INSTRUCTOR: Ruth Mitchell-Golladay, PT, EEBW, NCTMB, and CMT
DAYS: Level II August 13-15, 2012. Monday – Wednesday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Please note: It is not unusual for this class to run until 5:30pm.
Please do not plan to leave early and consider this when making travel
PLEASE! Do not disturb or contact facility owners and managers with questions about the course content. They kindly provide this facility for the courses. For course information; please contact the Equine Therapeutic Center office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 540.721.4545.
PREREQUISITE: Please note: Horse handling skills and a thorough understanding of equine safety a must! You must feel comfortable and secure picking up horse’s legs and leading all types of horse personalities/dispositions.
Strongly suggested: Knowledge of equine anatomy and veterinary vocabulary. If equine anatomy and veterinary terminology is new to you, please register for the free course: EQ50: Precourse Distance Equine Anatomy Course which can be found at: http://www.equinology.com/info/course.asp?courseid=73. While it is not important that you complete the EQ50 before attending if you are at least familiar with some of the vocabulary and all of the skeletal system, it will make the course easier for you. If you have taken the EQ100: EEBW certification course, you are well prepared for the MFR course.
Dogs: As a courtesy to the facility owners and management we have added to our lease agreement that Equinology participants will not bring their dogs or other animals onto the facility site. Please make off site arrangements. Leaving animal(s) in the student’s vehicle while attending this course will not be tolerated.
Children: Please arrange for your children’t daycare off site. There are many animals on this site with lots of activity and distractions.
Cell Phones: No mobile phones are allowed on during the course at anytime. If for some reason you need to listen for a call, please place your phone on manner mode (vibrate). If you need to make a call during break time, please step out of the classroom to do so.
Speed Limit: 5 mph
Smoking: No smoking is allowed on this site. Pack your gum!
Attire: You must have comfortable hard shoes for the practical portions. No tennis shoes are allowed for this portion. Finger nails must be trimmed back before you will be allowed to work on horses. If you have acrylic nails please plan to have then cut down before class. Please do not wear watches and other jewelry that may scrape the horses. If you are wearing rings, plan to place tape around them as not in injure horses. Clothing must be comfortable, professional and clean. Shorts that cover a good portion of your thigh are allowed in hotter climates. Shirt must at least have short sleeves, no tank tops or sleeveless shirts please for safety issues. Please pull long hair back during practical sessions with the horses. For the sake of those sensitive to scents please do not wear perfumes and strong scents.
REGISTRATION AND HOURS:
We ask that everyone be punctual with registration at 7:45 am on the first day. Class will start at 8:00 am and finish at 5:00 pm daily. As noted previously, it is not unusual for this class to run until 5:50 pm. Participants are asked to take this into consideration when arranging their travel itinerary. Out of respect for you classmates, it is important that you be prepared and on time daily for your class.
While class is in session several breaks are provided throughout the day with an hour for lunch. Coffee, tea, water and fruit are provided during the day. A cooler and microwave will be on site.
WHAT TO BRING
BOOKS: Facilitated Healing Through Myofascial Release: Putting the Pieces Together for Horse and Rider by Ruth Mitchell Golladay. Students need to bring their copy of Facilitated Healing Through Myofascial Release – Putting the Pieces together for Horse and Rider (which they were given at MFR I) to class.
Equine anatomy book (optional)
Clothing: Depending on weather and area dress accordingly
Recommend layered clothing
Some climates are temped while others can be brisk during morning and evening hours with substantially warmer temps during day hours. Although the classroom is heated, some students like to bring a small blanket to throw over their legs in the morning if they tend to get cold.
Gloves if weather is cold (style without fingertips)
Shoes: Sturdy (boots etc) while working with horses (no tennis shoes)
Supplies: Notepad, pen or pencil, highlighters or colored pencils (minimum 4 colors), clipboard
Camera (optional) Digital or Traditional. Film and batteries
Audio recorders (optional)
Insect Repellant (optional depending on time of year and location)
Please ask the instructor’s permission in reference to recording with audio and/or photographs while attending this course. Use of camcorders or other video equipment including cell phones and digital cameras with video mode is prohibited while class is in session.
The $300 non-refundable, non transferable deposit is required to register for this course. The remaining balance of the tuition and fees ($695) is refundable provided ETC, Inc. receives written notice from the participant no later than thirty (30) days prior to the first day of the course.
NO refunds after this time for any reason. Our instructor’s contract policy allows us thirty (30) days cancellation after which we are locked into our agreement. If you are unable to attend this course you may sell your spot to another individual providing that person has met the course prerequisites. Please notify the office for the data correction. ETC, Inc. reserves the right to cancel workshops due to circumstances beyond our control including but not limited to low enrollment at which time all tuition and fees (including the deposit) collected for the purpose of enrollment will be refunded. ETC, Inc. cannot be held responsible for any losses incurred by registrant resulting from canceled or postponed workshops. ETC, Inc. recommends that registrants secure travel insurance.
Please note that the tuition balance ($695) must be paid in full thirty (30) days prior to the first day of this course. Any remaining balance of the tuition will not be accepted at the course. If you have any questions feel free to contact Ruth at 540.721.4545 or email at email@example.com.
ETC, Inc. and associates are not responsible for reservations, conditions or rate changes of the following lodging options. The facilities listed here for your convenience and not as recommendations of this company. Please let us know if any should be removed from this list. In addition to the hotels listed below, there are many other lodging options available near the facility if you wish to search further.
Venue Directions and Location
Ballymote house is 2 hours from Dublin Airport, 40 minutes from Belfast City Airport and 1 ¼ hours from Belfast International airports. There are good bus connections to Downpatrick from the all the airports. See www.translink.co.uk/Journey-Planner for further information. Ballymote is only 10 minutes from Downpatrick bus station.
On registration you will be forwarded a hand drawn map for getting from Downpatrick to Ballymote House.
Driving directions to Venue:
From Dublin Airport to Downpatrick
- On leaving DublinAirport, take motorway (M1) North towards Belfast.
- Stay on Motorway until you see signage to Newry
- At the underpass take 3rd turning leading under Railway Bridge towards Newry town centre.
- AfterRailwayBridgefollow road down the hill, then follow signs towardsBelfastthrough town. After three sets of traffic lights and up small incline, road bears to left and becomes dual carriageway for short distance. Move to the right lane in preparation for next manoeuvre.
- At end of dual carriageway at lights, bear half right, again towards Belfast. 50 meters on turn right towards Hilltown on A25/B8. you will see a war memorial at this junction.
- Follow road up hill following signs to Hilltown, eventually you will leave Newry. Keep going to Hilltown.
- You will pass through Mayobridge, before reaching Hilltown.
- Drive through Hilltown and keep going for a further 8 km to ‘T’ junction.
- At ‘T’ junction turn right onto A25 towards Castlewellan.
- Follow road to Castlewellan.
- In Castlewellan drive straight through and keep going for about 8 km until ‘T’ junction in Clough. Turn left.
- 200 meters at roundabout take 2nd turning towards Downpatrick.
- As you approach Downpatrick, refer to hand drawn map for detailed directions to Ballymote House.
From Belfast City ‘George Best’ Airport to Downpatrick:
- To leave airport, drive past terminal building with it on your right, following signs to Hollywood/Bangor. 0.3 miles
- Turn left onto Sydenham By-pass/A2 for 0.5 miles
- Move into right hand lane and filter right onto Outer Ring/Newtownards for 0.2 miles
- Feed left onto A55 Signed Outer Ring Newcastle. Keep on this road for 5 miles
- Bear left onto Saintfield Rd/A24 signed Newcastle/Downpatrick for 3.2 miles
- At Carryduff Roundabout, take 2nd exit A7 Saintfield/Downpatrick
- Stay on A7 for 15.5 miles through Saintfield and Crossgar to Downpatrick
- As you approach Downpatrick, refer to the hand drawn map for detailed instructions to Ballymote House.
From Belfast International Airport to Downpatrick:
- On leaving Airport one-way system, turn right towards Belfastfor 6.1 miles to Templepatrick going through 3 roundabouts
- On leaving Templepatrick enter roundabout taking 2nd exit towards M2 motorway for ¾ mile
- Turn left onto M2 towardsBelfastfor 10.5 miles
- Motorway splits M2/M3 Keep to right taking M3 signed Belfast (E) /Newcastle
- Take next slip road left just over river signed A2 Belfast (E) Newcastle
- On slip road keep to right passing under motorway and railway bridge
- Bear right follow sign to Newcastle/Downpatrick (A7) passing under flyover
- Take 2nd left after flyover signed Newcastle Downpatrick onto Short Strand
- Follow signs to Downpatrick for 2 miles
- At roundabout take 1st exit for 4 miles to
- Carryduff roundabout take 2nd exit A7 Saintfield/Downpatrick
- Stay on A7 for 15.5 miles through Saintfield and Crossgar to Downpatrick
13. As you approach Downpatrick, refer to the hand drawn map for detailed instructions to Ballymote House
There are taxi ranks outside all the airport arrival terminals.
Major rental car agencies are available at the airport. Below are some contact details if you would like to make arrangements prior to arrival:
B & B